Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Ladoo / Boondi ladoo
Gram flour - 1 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Cardamom - 2 pieces (powdered)
Raisins and cashews - 1/4 cup
ghee - 1 tsp
Ladle with big holes (click the link to see the ladle)
1. Dissolve sugar in 1 cup of water and prepare syrup to one string consistency. Now add the cardamom powder and the food color (either yellow or orange).
2. Add enough water to the gram flour and make it like dosai(little watery, not so thick) batter.
3. Heat oil in a pan on medium heat, pour the batter over the ladle. So it will fall like tiny balls (boondi) into the oil. Don’t over cook it. It shouldn’t be crispy. Drain it from oil and immediately put it into the sugar syrup. Leave it in the sugar syrup for few minutes and drain it. Repeat the same process for the whole batter.
4. Now heat little ghee in a pan and fry the raisins and cashews and add it to the boondi.
5. Let it cool for few minutes. Make balls immediately when it is warm. otherwise it is hard to make balls. Delicious ladoo is ready!!